A curated list of delightful Forgejo-related projects and resources.
Emoji for each entry provide additional information on project status:
- = official Forgejo resources
- 👻 = inactive for over a year, or officially abandoned
Resources maintained as part of the primary Forgejo project.
In addition to Forgejo's official documentation, the following resources may be useful.
Forgejo instances with open registration.
- Codeberg - free and open for FOSS projects only, run by a German non-profit organization. Also provides hosted Woodpecker (CI) and Weblate (localisation).
- Disroot - a platform providing online services based on principles of freedom, privacy, federation and decentralization. Also provides many other free hosted services.
- KaKi's git - free and open, run by a French web developer.
Platform-specific packages to easily install and update Forgejo on your system. These are generally maintained either by distro packagers or by community volunteers.
Also see forgejo package versions on Repology.
- Arch Linux
- ports tree patch - A patch to add Forgejo to the FreeBSD ports tree, should eventually be added to the official ports tree
- Helm chart - Helm chart for Forgejo, forked from the official Gitea helm chart
- c4k-forgejo - Convention 4 Kubernetes, generates a kubernetes manifest for Forgejo including backup & monitoring.
- Void Linux
Forgejo actions runners
- Forgejo runner supports LXC & Docker with binaries for GNU/Linux (amd64, arm64)
- act runner supports Docker & shell with binaries for GNU/Linux (amd64, arm64, arm), FreeBSD, Windows, MacOS
- forgejo-hetzer-runner - Deploy Forgejo Actions runners on Hetzner infrastructure
- GitNex (repo) - Android client for Forgejo and Gitea (
Android – GPL)
- 👻 GitTouch - Mobile client for Forgejo, Gitea, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket (
Android, iOS – Apache)
- forgejo-curl - a thin curl wrapper that helps with Forgejo authentication
- tea - the official Gitea CLI client, works with Forgejo (
cross-platform – MIT)
Infrastructure as Code
- gitcat - Python script that allows sign-up to a Forgejo instance to all local users of a Mastodon server. (
Python - GPLv3)
- Renovate - Dependency update tool (similar to dependabot) with Forgejo support. (
TypeScript - AGPLv3)
- github2gitea/github2forgejo - Bash script that creates mirrors for various GitHub resources like orgs, users and starred repos (incl. private repos). (
Bash - AGPLv3)
- Enhancements for Forgejo - Violentmonkey userscript that adds minor UX improvements to the web UI. (
- lein-forgejo-wagon - Leiningen plugin for deployment and downloading of JARs in Maven repositories hosted on Forgejo packages.
Noteworthy news, articles and information about Forgejo.
If you have questions or feedback regarding this list, then please create
an Issue in our tracker, and optionally
@mention one or more of our maintainers:
With delight we present you some of our delightful contributors (please add yourself if you are missing).
To the extent possible under law, the maintainers and other contributors have waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.